Making the Most from your Holiday Retail POP Displays
Making the Most from your POP Displays
Just in time for the retail holiday shopping season
A recent TimeTrade consumer marketing study reports that a whopping 85 percent of shoppers still prefer to complete their purchases in brick-and-mortar stores over online alternatives. Of course, one of the best ways to make the most of this opportunity is with effective point-of-purchase displays (POP). Five best practices Your retail displays don’t have to be costly, but they must command attention and connect with consumers on an emotional level. As the holiday shopping season approaches, retailers will find these five POP display best practices particularly helpful:
- Stage groupings of similar products. For example, a hardware retailer might feature a POP display combining snow shovels, sidewalk deicers and snow blowers in a single display focused on winter weather solutions—perhaps with a banner offering savings on a multi-product purchase.
- Position your display near your entrance. You’ll make a stronger impact if you place your POP displays in your welcome area. Visitors have entered your store intent on shopping, and by setting up your retail displays where they can’t miss them, you can spur more impulse purchases.
- Create eye-catching mannequins. One of the easiest ways for retailers to economize is by giving a new look to an old standby. So get imaginative! Work on creating fun, attractive point-of-purchase displays by using mannequins in a unique way. In the hardware/snow-removal product example cited above, how about using a mannequin as a snowman or as Santa Claus?
- Showcase your store’s reward program. Don’t limit POP displays to promoting your products or services. Employing a retail display to highlight your reward program and remind shoppers of the benefits they can gain by participating is yet another smart way point-of-purchase displays can stimulate sales.
- Spend a little extra, gain a lot more. In marketing, perception equals reality, and POP displays are no exception. When shoppers see a well-designed retail display, they often make a mental connection between the quality of the presentation and the associated product. In turn, poorly made point-of-purchase displays can have a negative effect on the consumer’s opinion of the promoted product or even your store or brand on the whole.
For expert assistance with POP displays, rely on Image360 Sarasota Central.
Your local resource for graphics that enhance, displays that inform and signage that works, rely on us for affordable and effective point-of-purchase displays of all types—including holiday-themed retail displays that can make your registers ring! To get started, contact us today.